Decodable Sentence Fluency Pyramids | Silent E Set
These sentence fluency pyramids will help your students practice and improve their reading fluency! Each set of sentence fluency pyramids is limited in the phonics skills it includes, so students can successfully decode the words.
Not only do these sentence fluency pyramids help build students’ reading fluency, but they are also super motivating for kids. Students color in a star each time they finish reading a half-page (a complete pyramid). After reading a page three times and coloring in all of the stars, students get to cut out a puzzle piece, which they glue onto a different sheet. As they finish more and more of the pages, they continue gluing the puzzle pieces down to ultimately reveal a mystery picture! Then, students receive a fun certificate to celebrate their progress.
Why Fluency Instruction & Practice Are Important:
- Being able to read fluently frees up working memory, allowing students to focus more on understanding what they are reading.
- Improving students’ fluency has been shown to improve their reading comprehension.
- There is a strong correlation between expressive oral reading and silent reading comprehension.
- This resource is Science of Reading (SoR) aligned.
- The sentences are decodable, making it easier for students to read and work on them independently.
- This resource incorporates phonics skills.
- This resource is hands-on, motivating, and engaging for students.
- It is low-prep, saving you valuable time.
What’s Included in This Set:
- A cover letter explaining how to use the resource
- A table of contents with page numbers of each phonics skill covered
- 18 decodable sentences that cover long vowel silent e words (a, o, i, u, and mixed silent e words)
- A student Mystery Picture page
- A teacher Mystery Picture answer key
- A certificate of completion