Decodable Sentence Scrambles for First Grade | Winter Theme
Help students practice high frequency words and a variety of phonics skills with these fun, winter-themed sentence scrambles! This resource will also help you implement the science of reading!
This resource includes 30 “print and go” sentence scrambles where students:
- Read the words (different levels are included for easy differentiation).
- Reassemble the words in the correct order to build a sentence (this can be a cut and paste activity or could be set up as re-usable with lamination or a page protector).
- Copy the sentence - this is a great opportunity for meaningful handwriting practice.
- Extend the activity by writing an additional, related sentence.
Skills covered include:
- Simple high frequency words
- Consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
- Digraphs with short vowels
- Consonant blends with short vowels
- Silent E (CVCe) words
These sentence scrambles are great for centers, extra phonics practice, differentiation, and/or early finishers.
They work well with any phonics program. They are not included in the Learning At The Primary Pond phonics program, From Sounds to Spelling.