Decodable Sentence Scrambles for Kindergarten | Spring Theme
Help students practice high frequency words and phonics skills (VC words, CVC words, digraphs, and silent e) with these fun, spring-themed sentence scrambles! This resource will also help you implement the science of reading!
This resource includes 30 “print and go” sentence scrambles where students:
- Read the words (different levels and skills are included for easy differentiation).
- Reassemble the words in the correct order to build a sentence (this can be a cut and paste activity or could be set up as re-usable with lamination or a page protector).
- Copy the sentence - this is a great opportunity for meaningful handwriting practice.
- Draw a picture about their sentence on the back of the page. Advanced students can even add another sentence for a challenge!
Skills covered include:
- High frequency words
- Vowel-consonant (VC) words
- Consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
- Words with digraphs
- Words with initial blends
- Silent e
These sentence scrambles are great for centers, extra phonics practice, differentiation, and/or early finishers.
They work well with any phonics program. They are not included in the Learning At The Primary Pond phonics program, From Sounds to Spelling.