Decodable Sentence Scrambles for Second Grade | Winter Theme
Help students practice high frequency words and a variety of phonics skills with these fun, winter-themed sentence scrambles! This resource will also help you implement the science of reading!
This resource includes 30 “print and go” sentence scrambles where students:
- Read the words (different levels are included for easy differentiation).
- Reassemble the words in the correct order to build two separate sentences (this can be a cut and paste activity or could be set up as re-usable with lamination or a page protector).
- Copy the sentences - this is a great opportunity for meaningful handwriting practice.
- Extend the activity by writing an additional, related sentence.
Skills covered include:
- High frequency words
- Short vowels with blends and digraphs
- Inflectional endings -ing and -ed
- Silent E (CVCe) words
- Vowel teams
- R-controlled vowels
- Consonant-L-E words
These sentence scrambles are great for centers, extra phonics practice, differentiation, and/or early finishers.
They work well with any phonics program. They are not included in the Learning At The Primary Pond phonics program, From Sounds to Spelling.