Digital Alphabet Bundle: Letters and Sounds A Through Z | BOOM Cards
This is a set of digital alphabet practice activities for letters and sounds A through Z!
These Boom Learning℠ cards can be played on any tablet, computer, laptop, or interactive whiteboard!
One deck is included for each alphabet letter, so you'll receive links for 26 decks (with about 20 cards per deck).
In each deck, students:
- Learn the letter name
- Watch a quick video that shows how to form the letter
- Practice identifying the capital and lowercase forms
- Find words that begin with the letter
- Learn the letter sound
- Practice identifying and/or sorting pictures that begin with the letter sound
This resource will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the decks are all ready to play!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate your instruction by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing alphabet letters
- Hold students accountable for their independent work
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students not being able to identify pictures - the accompanying audio will name pictures aloud for students!
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How do I download or access these materials?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find directions and a link to click.
You’ll click the link(s) to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Why do I have to set up an account with Boom?
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.
How many devices can I use these games with?
As many as you like! One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like.
Boom Learning: The Fine Print:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.