Digital Word Work Short Vowels Bundle: CVC + Blends & Digraphs | Boom Cards
This is a set of digital word work activities for practicing CVC words + words with short vowels, blends, and digraphs.
These Boom Learning℠ cards can be played on any tablet, computer, laptop, or interactive whiteboard!
This word work resource will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the decks are all ready to play!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate your word work instruction by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing words and phonics patterns
- Hold students accountable for their independent word work activities
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students not being able to identify pictures - the accompanying audio will name pictures aloud for students!
This is a super bundle of the following two bundles:
- Short Vowels In CVC Words
- Short Vowels In Words With Blends and Digraphs
This bundle includes:
- 12 short a CVC decks (each deck has around 20-30 cards)
- 10 short e CVC decks
- 11 short i CVC decks
- 10 short o CVC decks
- 10 short u CVC decks
- 15 mixed vowel CVC decks
- 10 short a w/blends and digraphs decks
- 10 short e w/blends and digraphs decks
- 11 short i w/blends and digraphs decks
- 10 short o w/blends and digraphs decks
- 12 short u w/blends and digraphs decks
- 6 mixed vowels w/blends and digraphs decks
For a complete list of the decks that this resource includes, please download the PREVIEW! (If you purchased this as a growing bundle, it is now complete!)
Skills and activities include:
- Matching CVC, CCVC, CVCC, and CCVCC words to pictures (all words with short vowels and beginning/ending blends and digraphs)
- Making and manipulating words with digital “magnetic letters”
- Sorting pictures (audio is provided for picture identification)
- Sorting words
- Learning about and practicing short vowel word families (-AT, -OP, -ING, -UNK, etc.)
- Reading phonics-controlled sentences or paragraphs and demonstrating comprehension
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How do I download or access these materials?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find directions and a link to click.
You’ll click the link(s) to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Why do I have to set up an account with Boom?
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.
How many devices can I use these games with?
As many as you like! One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like.
Boom Learning: The Fine Print:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.