Glued Sounds Games: First Grade No-Prep Phonics
Help your 1st grade students master glued sounds with these no-prep phonics games! These hands-on activities are great for centers or independent work. There are options for independent and partner/small group play! This resource will also help you implement the science of reading!
These activities will help you…
- Reinforce your whole group phonics instruction with hands-on practice
- Ensure students can successfully work independently on simple tasks
- Save tons of prep time
- Get students excited about reading and writing words with glued sounds!
This resource includes a total of 21 activities (each activity is provided in color and black-and-white). Included are:
- 2 games per glued sound (ank, ink, onk, unk, ang, ing, ong, ung)
- 2 practice games each for all nk words and all ng words
- 1 mixed practice game
To make it easier for students to remember the directions, there are only 5 different types of activities to teach. Students complete the same type of activity with multiple glued sounds - but the games still feel “new” because the themes are different! There are also visual reminders on the page to provide support.
These activities require NO cutting, folding, or any other kind of prep! Simply print and use these sheets. You can place them inside page protectors or laminate them for easy re-use, too. Students will need basic manipulatives (dice and counters) to play.
These activities can supplement any phonics program or work as stand-alone activities for literacy centers or Daily 5.