High Frequency Word Worksheets & Games BUNDLE | Fry’s First 100 Sight Words
Getting students to learn and remember high frequency words can be very challenging! It's also difficult to find meaningful activities for high frequency words (you might call them "sight words") so students can practice independently.
This High Frequency Words Worksheets and Games Bundle for the Fry Words makes all of this easier! This bundle is for teachers who want to give their students meaningful activities so that they can master high frequency words quickly - and improve their reading fluency!
Here's a little background on effective high frequency word learning:
>> Sometimes kids learn high frequency words through rote memorization / visually learning what a word looks like.
>> Unfortunately, research shows that this is not the path to true word mastery!
>> Instead, we need to activate 3 different parts of our students' brains (the sounds, spelling, and meaning of a word).
>> Students also need to continue practicing decoding (reading) and encoding (writing) these words to “make them stick.”
>> This will help these new words eventually become “sight words,” or words a student can recognize instantly.
This High Frequency Words Worksheet and Games Bundle is based on this research! It has students:
- Activate the part of the brain where the spelling of the word is stored by: tracing, finding, writing, and spelling the word aloud with multi-sensory practice.
- Activate the part of the brain where the sounds of the word are stored by: segmenting the word and writing the word in sound boxes.
- Activate the part of the brain where the meaning of the word is stored by: reading sentences with the word, reading passages with the word, and writing their own sentences.
- Work on retaining their word learning by: playing a variety of games with decoding and encoding practice.
Included in this bundle are:
- Individual focus sheets for each of the Fry First 100 Words (divided into 20 sets of 5)
- 20 half-page word lists to send home for students to practice
- 20 passages that include the focus words, previously covered words, and rebus words
- Running records for each passage so you can monitor individual student progress
- 20 Hidden Sight Word Find & Sort Activities that include sentence writing
- 20 sets of 5 individual games for each of the sets of words included in the focus sheets
- 28 review games that include multiple sets of words
Want to see just how helpful these High Frequency Word Worksheets & Games Bundle can be in your classroom? Download the FREE product preview to see how the materials are organized and what types of activities are included!
Looking for High Frequency Word Bundles for other word lists? Click here!