Kindergarten Writing Prompts | Informational, Narrative, Opinion Writing BUNDLE
These kid-friendly writing prompts for Kindergarten make differentiation EASY! Each of the 60 Kindergarten writing prompts comes with several graphic organizers, multiple options for drafting paper (with built-in supports), plus publishing/final draft paper.
The built-in, Kindergarten-friendly support options on the drafting paper include sentence starters, word banks, and self-assessment checklists:
- Sentence starters are great for helping students structure their writing, use transition words, and write in complete sentences.
- Word banks provide language and vocabulary support.
- Self-assessment checklists help students learn to routinely self-assess their writing. They also help “fast finishers” slow down and check their work!
For any given prompt, you can decide to use some of, all of, or none of these supports!
You can easily print out 2-3 versions of paper for the same writing prompt - and give different groups of students different supports, depending upon their needs.
Additionally, to ensure that students understand the writing tasks, all graphic organizers and writing papers include the prompt AND a little picture to represent the writing prompt.
The materials in this Kindergarten writing prompt resource will:
- Allow you to quickly and easily differentiate your writing instruction (and keep it developmentally appropriate for young learners)
- Provide guidance and a consistent structure to help students learn the stages in the writing process
- Support English language learners, students with special needs, and struggling Kindergarten writers
- Help you cut down on planning time (these are all “print and go,” no prep resources!)
Here’s what’s included:
- 20 different informational writing prompts
- 20 different narrative writing prompts
- 20 different opinion writing prompts
- A full page poster for each prompt - great for introducing the prompt and/or creating bulletin board displays
- 1-3 graphic organizer options per prompt
- 12 different options for drafting paper per prompt (variations in the scaffolds provided, as well as the number of lines on the page)
- 3 different options for publishing or final draft paper per prompt
- Instructions video and carefully organized files to help you locate materials quickly