Kindergarten Writing Workshop Curriculum Bundle
Are you looking for a writing curriculum that will teach your Kinders to write through developmentally appropriate lessons?
Does your current writing curriculum lack ready-to-go, teacher-friendly materials?
I struggled to find appropriate, easy-to-use lessons when I first began teaching Kindergarten. At one school, our writing curriculum didn't have enough plans for the entire year, and preparing the lessons took a LOT of time. At my next school, there was no writing curriculum at all!
I decided to design my own lessons based upon my students' needs. Today, hundreds of teachers use these same lessons either as a standalone curriculum or to supplement their school's writing program.
The materials in this curriculum will help you to:
- Bring your students from drawing to writing
- Establish writing workshop procedures that increase students' independence
- Engage students in meaningful, enjoyable writing activities
- Challenge students as writers, while still honoring their developmental needs
- Significantly cut down on your planning and prep time
Here's what the curriculum includes:
- 7 units that teach writing workshop routines and procedures, personal narratives, patterned books, how-to books, opinion/persuasive writing, fiction and fairy tale writing, and nonfiction/informational writing
- Complete minilessons (131 minilessons total, leaving you time for reteaching and special projects)
- Materials to accompany the minilessons (graphic organizers, posters, and visual aids)
- Teacher-friendly and student-friendly rubrics
- Organizational materials to simplify planning and assessment
**To view a video about this resource, please CLICK HERE!**
Clicking the links below will allow you to read more about the individual units.
Unit 1 - Introduction to the Writer's Workshop
Unit 2 - Personal Narratives
Unit 3 - Writing Patterned Books
Unit 4 - How To Books
Unit 5 - Opinion & Persuasive Writing
Unit 6 - Fiction & Fairy Tale Writing
Unit 7 - Nonfiction & All About Books
Save time and money when you buy these units as a bundle. The price to purchase all the individual units in this bundle is $50.00
Although Common Core alignment is included, the curriculum was written based upon best practices in writing instruction, so you can use it even if you do not follow the Common Core Standards.
Please contact Alison at Alison@LearningAtThePrimaryPond.com if you have any questions about the materials!