Kindergarten Writing Workshop & Reading Workshop Mega Bundle
This writing and reading bundle for Kindergarten gives you lesson plans and printable materials to help you implement the "workshop" approach!
The workshop model is very Kindergarten-friendly because it allows for lots of student choice and developmentally-appropriate instruction. Your students will not only grow as readers and writers (and illustrators!) but also develop a genuine love for literacy.
The bundle includes complete, thorough lesson plans and printable materials so you can implement this approach without spending hours and hours prepping materials!
The lessons start out with the very basics and can be used within the first week of Kindergarten, even if your students have never been to school before.
This resource is an extra-discounted combination of my Kindergarten Writing Workshop Bundle and Kindergarten Reading Workshop Bundle! Keep reading to learn more about each component:
Kindergarten Writing Workshop Component:
This writing curriculum can replace or supplement other writing programs. The lessons will take you all the way through the year, as your students progress from drawing with details to writing complete sentences and books!
The lessons each take about 10 minutes to teach. Suggested mentor texts are included (so that students can learn from published authors), and you can view a list of suggestions HERE. You can also easily substitute your own texts!
The materials in this curriculum will enable you to:
- Establish writing workshop procedures that increase students' independence
- Engage students in meaningful, enjoyable writing activities
- Challenge students as writers, while still honoring their developmental needs
- Significantly cut down on your planning and prep time
Here's what the curriculum includes:
- 7 units that teach writing workshop routines and procedures, personal narratives, patterned books, how-to books, opinion/persuasive writing, fiction and fairy tale writing, and nonfiction/informational writing
- Complete minilessons (131 minilessons total, leaving you time for reteaching and special projects)
- Materials to accompany the minilessons (graphic organizers, posters, and visual aids)
- Teacher-friendly and student-friendly rubrics
- Organizational materials to simplify planning and assessment
- Common Core alignment (many teachers who do not use Common Core also successfully use these materials)
Kindergarten Reading Workshop Component:
This is a bundle of shared reading lesson plans and reading strategy visuals for Kindergarten students! The fiction and nonfiction units address emergent literacy skills (rhyming, pointing 1:1, "reading" the pictures, etc.) and a variety of simple decoding, comprehension, and fluency skills.
This resource is for you if you want to:
- Engage your students in meaningful, fun whole group lessons
- Grow your Kindergarteners’ reading confidence, and
- Accelerate your students’ reading progress!
The lessons in this bundle are designed to be very flexible - you can use the suggested texts or choose your own. To see a list of all suggested texts, click HERE!
The lessons can also be rearranged to meet your school's curriculum or scope and sequence. The units can also be rearranged! (I recommend teaching Units 1 and 2 earlier in the year).
In addition to detailed lesson plans, visuals, and graphic organizers, you’ll also receive the following in each unit:
- Suggestions for high frequency words and vocabulary words (from the recommended texts)
- Optional supplementary activities (games, writing, drawing)
- Class skill checklists
- An individual rubric
- A conferring form
- A list of Common Core Standards addressed (this unit aligns with many other standards systems, too)
To learn more about the materials and read through sample lessons, please view the previews in the images! I'm also happy to answer your questions via email (Alison@learningattheprimarypond.com).