Letter Recognition Activities with Alfie the Alphabet Alligator
These activities help students learn to recognize alphabet letters and match capital and lowercase letter pairs. The letter recognition activities in this pack are made extra- engaging with “challenges” presented by a fun character, Alfie the Alphabet Alligator. Hands-on activities like puzzles, letter mazes, “cover the letter,” clip cards, and board games make it easy to give students plenty of practice with letter recognition while still keeping their attention!
- Comprehensive Alphabet Immersion: Students learn to recognize each letter in its capital and lowercase form through engaging activities and games. The activities can be used in a small group or for independent work, depending upon the needs of your classroom. Some of the activities can be completed independently by students and for others you could have students work with partners or in small groups. This resource can be used to introduce or review capital and lowercase letters.
- Multi-Sensory Approach: Children learn best when they can see, hear, touch, and manipulate objects. These activities incorporate a variety of hands-on activities and interactive games to ensure every student’s unique learning style is addressed.
- Teacher-Friendly Design: Your time is limited, so the activity directions are easy to follow and the set-up is very low-prep.
- A cover letter explaining how to use the resource
- A table of contents with activity descriptions, set-up, and page numbers
- A printable “Meet Alfie the Alligator” card to introduce the theme to students
- 2 alphabet games (can be played more than once)
- 26 “cover the letter” mats, one per letter
- 26 alphabet mazes, one per letter
- 1 set of alphabet puzzles
- 1 “Read Around the Room” scavenger hunt
- 1 set of capital and lowercase matching clip cards
- 3 “Roll and Read” letter races
- Printable “Challenge Cards” to present each activity or game in a fun and engaging way
- Black-and-white versions of each color page
Letter recognition ability is strongly linked to future reading skills. By helping your students build a strong foundation in these fundamental skills, you are empowering them to become successful readers and writers!
Please download the FREE preview before you purchase!