Mystery Picture Phonics Activities for Winter | First and Second Grade Phonics
These no-prep winter-themed activities are a great way for first grade and second grade students to independently practice segmenting and spelling words!
In these Mystery Picture Phonics activities, students:
1. Begin with an activity sheet (included), a segmenting card (included) and 3-4 counters.
2. Students name a picture out loud, segment it, and then spell the word.
3. They then color the corresponding section on their mystery picture grid.
4. Students continue segmenting and spelling until their mystery picture is all colored in and revealed!
- CVC words (3 pages)
- Digraphs sh, ch, th, ck (2 pages)
- Blends (2 pages beginning blends, 2 pages ending blends, 1 page beginning and final blends)
- Glued sounds (1 page for -NK, 1 page for -NG)
- Silent e (3 pages)
- R-controlled vowels (2 pages)
- Long vowel teams / patterns (5 pages, one per long vowel sound)
- Diphthongs (2 pages)
- Sounds of OO (1 page)
- Soft G and Soft C (1 page)