Phonics Booklets | Interactive Reference Books for K-3 Phonics Skills
Use these printable pages to have your students create interactive phonics booklets! As you teach each phonics pattern (from letter sounds to vowel teams to diphthongs and more), students will glue the corresponding card into their booklets. Students’ phonics booklets grow throughout the year as they learn more phonics skills! This resource is aligned to the science of reading.
These phonics booklets are a great way to help students retain what they’ve learned. Students can “read” the booklets during small group, independently, and/or at home to review previously-taught phonics skills. Students can also use these phonics booklets as a reference tool, to help them read and write words!
IMPORTANT: If you own a license of the From Sounds to Spelling phonics program, you do not need to purchase these booklets. They are already included in the "bonuses" section of your login area.
Sound cards are included for:
- Consonants: b, c, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, m, n p, qu, r, s, t, v, w, x, y z (plus soft c, soft g, and /z/ sound for s)
- Short vowels: a, e, i, o (including spelled with a), u (including spelled with a - schwa), ea
- Consonant digraphs: ch, sh, th, wh, ck, ph, kn, gh, wr, mb
- Initial blends: sm, st, sp, sn, sw, sc, sk, sl, bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr, squ, scr, spl, spr, str
- Ending blends: sp, sk, st, ct, ft, pt, lt, lk, lf, nt, mp, nd
- Digraph-blends: shr, the, nch, tch
- Double final consonants: ff, ss, zz, ll
- Glued sounds: ing, ang, ong, ung, ink, ank, onk, unk
- R-controlled vowels: ar, er, ir, or, ur, ar_e, are, air, ear, eer, ire, ier, ore, oar, ure, ur_e
- Long vowel sounds: a, e, i, o, u, a_e, e_e, i_e, o_e, u_e, ay, ai, ei, ee, ea, ie, y, ie, igh, oa, oe, ow, ue, ew
- Diphthongs: ou, ow, aw, au, oi, oy (+ oo)
- Word endings: -s, -es, -ed, -ing, -dge
Only use the sound cards for the phonics patterns that you’ll be teaching! You can even differentiate if some students are more advanced and learning additional sounds.
Printing these materials is easy! You can print pages that have multiple different patterns (great if students will be adding a handful of sounds at once, or for reading intervention) OR pages that have multiples of the same phonics pattern on them (great for prepping class sets). Both color and black and white options are included.
Please download the free preview to learn more!