Summer Homework Packet for Rising Second Graders (who have completed 1st grade)
This summer homework packet is designed for students who have completed first grade and will be entering second grade.
This pack contains 116 no-prep pages of student materials. You can also use some of the pages as an end-of-the-year review (or beginning of the year for second grade).
The materials have a summer theme and include workbook pages, activities, and games.
This pack is very parent-friendly, so teachers can just print it and send it home as is! The activities are also great for homeschooling parents or any parent who wants practice materials for over the summer.
Here's what's included:
- 116 pages of reading, writing, and math activities
- Certificates of completion
- Answer key
Math Skills Addressed:
- Word problems
- Addition of 3 numbers
- Turnaround facts
- Unknown addend
- Number lines
- Inequalities and equal sign
- Counting tens and ones
- Adding and subtracting multiples of ten
- Counting coins
- Telling time
- Reading graphs
- Shapes and attributes
- Simple fractions
Reading and Writing Skills Addressed:
- Reading fiction passages and answering questions
- Reading nonfiction passages and answering questions
- Identifying characters, setting, problem, solution
- Comparing and contrasting texts
- Writing conventions (capitalization, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Long vowels
- R-controlled vowels
- Inflectional endings
- Sight words
- Alphabetical order
- Writing opinion, narrative, and informational texts
All of the Common Core math standards for first grade are covered, as well the majority of the Common Core ELA standards.
Please view the preview images before you purchase!
For a Kindergarten summer packet, click here!
For a Second Grade summer packet, click here!