Summer Homework Packet for Rising Third Graders (who have completed second grade)
This summer homework packet is designed for students who have completed second grade and will be entering third grade.
This pack contains 114 no-prep pages of student materials. You can also use some of the pages as an end-of-the-year review (or beginning of the year for second grade).
The materials have a summer theme and include workbook pages, activities, and games.
This pack is very parent-friendly, so teachers can just print it and send it home as is! The activities are also great for homeschooling parents or any parent who wants practice materials for over the summer.
Here's what's included:
- 114 pages of reading, writing, and math activities (no prep required)
- Certificates of completion
- Answer key
Math Skills Addressed:
- Arrays / beginning multiplication
- Odd and even numbers
- Word problems
- Addition of 3 numbers
- Number lines
- Inequalities and equal sign
- Counting tens and ones
- Adding and subtracting multiples of 10 and 100
- Counting money
- Telling time
- Shapes and attributes
Reading and Writing Skills Addressed:
- Reading fiction passages and answering questions
- Reading nonfiction passages and answering questions
- Identifying characters, setting, problem, solution
- Comparing and contrasting texts
- Writing conventions (capitalization, spelling, punctuation, apostrophes, etc.)
- Long vowels
- High frequency words
- Alphabetical order
- Writing opinion, narrative, and informational texts
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Compound words
All of the Common Core math standards for second grade are covered, as well as the majority of the Common Core ELA standards.
Please view the preview images before you purchase.
For a Kindergarten summer packet, click here!
For a First Grade summer packet, click here!