Supported Sentence Writing Worksheets K-2 Bundle
Help your students learn to write sentences with these supportive activities! These no-prep sentence writing worksheets are great for all students who are learning to write complete sentences, and they’re especially helpful for English language learners and students with special needs. This BUNDLE includes Kindergarten through 2nd grade level skills!
These 140 worksheets (40 Kindergarten level, 50 first grade level, and 50 second grade level) are carefully designed to gradually release responsibility to students so that they learn how to write strong sentences on their own. One sentence structure is repeated on each page, so that students internalize the structure and can use it independently in the future.
On each page, students:
- Trace a sentence.
- Fill in words for similar sentences, using the same sentence structure.
- Write an original sentence that follows the example.
The words on the worksheets are carefully controlled for phonics skills, so that students can learn to complete the activities independently without needing to read words that are too difficult!
With these 140 sentence writing worksheets, students will learn to write:
- Complete, simple sentences
- Questions with “who,” “what,” “where,” “when,” “why,” and “how”
- Compound and complex sentences
Students will also practice writing sentences with:
- Preposition words
- Common and proper nouns
- Singular and plural nouns
- Possessive nouns
- Nouns joined by conjunctions “and,” “or;” multiple nouns in a list sentence with commas
- Different verb forms, including present, past (regular and irregular), and future tense
- Correct subject-verb agreement
- Personal, possessive, and reflexive pronouns