Writing Prompts | Informational, Narrative, Opinion Writing | MegaBundle for K-2
This set of Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade writing prompts will help you easily differentiate for students with a wide range of needs! Each of the 180 writing prompts comes with several graphic organizers, many options for drafting paper (with built-in scaffolds), and publishing/final draft paper.
The built-in support options on the drafting paper include sentence starters, word banks, and self-assessment checklists:
- Sentence starters are great for helping students structure their writing, use transition words, and write in complete sentences.
- Word banks provide language and vocabulary support.
- Self-assessment checklists help students learn to routinely self-assess their writing. They also help “fast finishers” slow down, edit, and revise their work!
For any given prompt, you can decide to use some of, all of, or none of these supports!
You can easily print out 2-3 versions of paper for the same writing prompt - and give different groups of students different supports, depending upon their needs.
Additionally, to ensure that students understand the writing tasks, all graphic organizers and writing papers include the prompt AND a little picture to represent the writing prompt.
The materials in this writing prompt resource will:
- Allow you to quickly and easily differentiate your writing instruction - and meet the needs of learners at a big range of levels
- Provide guidance and a consistent structure to help students learn the stages in the writing process
- Support English language learners, students with special needs, and struggling writers
- Help you cut down on planning time (these are all “print and go,” no prep resources!)
Here’s what’s included:
- 60 different writing prompts designed for Kindergarten students (20 each for informational, narrative, and opinion writing)
- 60 different writing prompts designed for first grade students (20 each for informational, narrative, and opinion writing)
- 60 different writing prompts designed for second grade students (20 each for informational, narrative, and opinion writing)
- A full page poster for each prompt - great for introducing the prompt and/or creating bulletin board displays
- 1-3 graphic organizer options per prompt
- 12-14 different options for drafting paper per prompt (variations in the scaffolds provided, as well as the number of lines on the page)
- 2-3 different options for publishing or final draft paper per prompt
- Instructions video and carefully organized files to help you locate materials quickly