First Grade Writing Workshop Curriculum Bundle
Do you need to supplement your current writing curriculum with more ready-to-go materials and lesson plans?
After struggling to find teacher-friendly materials for teaching writing, I developed my own curriculum based on research and my students' needs. With the support of these lessons, my first graders' writing improved significantly and far exceeded my expectations!
This curriculum will help you to:
- Get your students producing lots of writing!
- Establish writing workshop procedures that increase students' independence
- Engage students in meaningful, enjoyable writing activities
- Challenge students as writers, while still honoring their developmental needs
- Significantly cut down on your planning and prep time
The yearlong bundle contains over 700 pages of material - there are more than enough lesson plans for your entire school year! Many teachers use these materials to replace their writing curriculum entirely, and others simply supplement their writing curriculum.
Here’s what the curriculum includes:
- 8 units that teach writing workshop routines and procedures, personal narratives, how-to books, opinion writing, fairy tale and realistic fiction, nonfiction/informational books, persuasive letters, and poetry
- 156 complete, detailed minilessons with objectives, Common Core standards, materials, and procedures listed (great for subs or maternity leave)
- Daily language arts/grammar exercises that complement the minilessons
- Posters, visual aids, graphic organizers, an alphabet chart, a writing stages display, and other printable materials (all color materials also have black and white versions)
- An assessment schedule that assesses students’ writing at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year (with comprehensive narrative, information, and opinion writing rubrics)
- Additional student- and parent-friendly rubrics
- Organizational materials for you (anecdotal note form, conferring schedule, and checklists)
**To view a video about this resource, please CLICK HERE!**
Clicking on each link below will allow you to read more about the individual units.
Unit 1 - Being A Writer
Unit 2 - Writing to Tell My Stories (Personal Narratives)
Unit 3 - Writing How To Books
Unit 4 - Writing to Share My Opinion
Unit 5 - Writing Fairy Tales and Realistic Fiction
Unit 6 - Writing Nonfiction Books
Unit 7 - Writing Letters to Persuade Others
Unit 8 - Poetry & Wrapping Up the Year
Save time and money when you buy these units as a bundle. The price to purchase all the individual units in this bundle is $64.50
To see a list of suggested mentor texts for the curriculum, CLICK HERE.
Please contact Alison at Alison@LearningAtThePrimaryPond.com if you have any questions about the materials!